Leaving Washington, and the United States, I try not to leave here with any regrets. I don’t want to have regrets in my life. I have made mistakes, plenty of them, and tried to learn as much as possible. After all, if you are never wrong, and never make mistakes, how do you learn?
Saturday I went to my aunt and uncle’s house for dinner and great conversation. I enjoy their company a lot. Great company, good food, fun memories about family, and great conversation. I have been meaning to make a list of things I wish had I done when I was up here, and this was brought up during our conversation.
It is not that I have regrets that I did not get to do these things, but when I came up here I had a lot of adjusting to do. I left California with everything. EVERYTHING! In the first month that I was here, the only thing I had really brought up here (besides golf clubs and hockey gear) was my truck. I lost that in the first 24 hours. Just figuring out my place here took a good couple of months. I tried to do as many “touristy” things as possible, but there is so much to do I, did not realize it until later.
Sunday was my final day with my Flash Mafia friends. We went out to Vashon Island and almost died on the hike down to the beach and rainy. Great day and more great conversation as usual. I will miss those Sunday afternoons.
So here is a list of thing I shoulda done:
– Top of the space needle. Yes, I went there. I saw it. Just once would have been cool to go to the top.
– Shelton Oyster festival. I just found out about this! Sounds fun and amazing.
– Go to Canada. This is a big fail on my part. I did not realize how easy it was to go up there. I shoulda gone, if not just for a weekend.
– Go fishing. Especially for salmon.
– Gone to the salmon locks. This is another thing I missed out on. Did not hear about the locks until a few weeks ago.
– Gone to Palouse. A friend posted some pictures of the rolling green hills there. I bet I could spend hours just enjoying the views.
– Taken to the ferry from Anacortes to Vancouver. This sounds like an amazing trip!
– Gone camping. While the idea of camping in the rain sounds…interesting, and I have done it before (it didn’t turn out well, but it wasn’t because of the rain) I wished I could have gone for a weekend during good weather.
– Played more golf. Never get enough golf.
– Traveled to eastern Washington and seen the Cascades.
– Taken a float plane flight out of Lake Washington.
– Taken the Boeing tour.
– Gone to the History of Flight museum
– Gone to the Future of Flight museum. So I know it seems weird for an AVGEEK like me to not check out these museums, but money, travel time, and schedule seemed to get in the way every time I tried to make plans.
– Swimming in the Sound. Or go to “the beach.”
– Seattle Aquarium. This is ridiculous because the aquarium is right next to the Seattle ferry, which I used almost weekly.
– Chihuly gardens
– Seattle Public Library
– Bruce Lee grave site
I am sure there are some more I am missing, but I think this is enough to keep me busy the next few trips to Washington.